A Project of the Center for Heroic Leadership (CHL)
Center for Heroic Leadership, LLC (“CHL”) is a private entity offering information to help guide individuals and families through their most difficult and challenging times. CHL is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting any personal information you may share with us. This may include any information that identifies you such as your name, address, telephone number, social security number, etc., and any information you may share during the course of using CHL’s website (“Website”).
- Duty to Warn. In accordance with Ohio law, CHL is required to report to the appropriate authorities (or applicable third parties) the following:
- Any information leading to suspicion or knowledge of the physical or sexual abuse or neglect of a minor child
- Any information leading to suspicion or knowledge of the danger to a third party
- Any information leading to suspicion or knowledge of suicide of a client, or user or visitor to our Website, seeking information or counsel from CHL
- Collecting Information about You. In general, you can visit CHL’s Website without identifying yourself or revealing personal information. CHL may track the internet domain address from which people visit our Website and may analyze such data for trends and statistics. Individual users, however, will remain anonymous unless you choose to tell us who you are.
CHL will not ask you to provide information about yourself (i.e. name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.).
- Using Information about You. We may use information which you may provide for internal purposes, such as confirming and tracking your registration, analyzing trends and statistics, and providing you with information from and about CHL.
To serve you better, we may combine information you give us online with information publicly available and information we receive from or cross-reference from partnerships with parties we deem trustworthy, as well as others. We may use that combined information to communicate with you about products, events or services that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, online meetings, etc. We provide those service providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask those service providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
Although unlikely, in certain instances we may disclose your information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities which may be causing injury to you, CHL, or to others. We may also disclose your information when we believe the law requires it. Please see Duty to Warn above.
- Cookies. CHL’s Website may use “cookies”. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Generally, cookies are used to remind us of who you are, tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests, estimate our audience size, to process your order, track your status in our events or promotions, and/or analyze your visiting patterns. You can choose to set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
- Security. CHL uses encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of the personal information you share with us. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we are very committed to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Website, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will do our best to protect its security on our systems.
We urge you to keep any passwords in a safe place and not to share them with anyone. Remember to sign off and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to ensure that others cannot access your account, and/or information, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library, school or internet café.