Warning Signs – Your Thoughts and Behaviors
You can also pay attention to your own experience – what you are thinking or feeling.
- You find yourself increasingly less confident in yourself
- You are spending less and less time with friends, family or in your normal activities
- Your appearance, emotions, grades or other performance indicators have changed significantly since the relationship started.
- You worry a lot about how they will react to things you say or do
- You feel that your needs and desires come second – or aren’t valued at all
- You hesitate to express your thoughts and feelings
- Others warn you about this person or group
- The emotions expressed towards you are mostly negative – angry, blaming, putdowns, disappointment
- You are starting to mistrust your own judgments
- Your sense of your own worth is declining
- You feel like a possession
Never allow someone else to be your priority while allowing
yourself to be their option