1. The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.
2. I am not what happened to me. I am who I choose to become.
3. You are the author of your life. Write with bold strokes and bright colors, and add only those characters who make it better. You can’t erase mistakes, so let them go and just keep writing.
4. I am the author of my life. Unfortunately, I’m writing in pen and can’t erase my mistakes.
5. A vision is not just a picture of what could be; it is an appeal to our better selves, a call to become something more.
Rosabeth Moss Cantor
6. One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.
Shannon L. Adler
7. Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.
8. The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
9. You may not control life’s circumstances, but getting to be the author of your life means getting to control what you do with them.
10. You’re the author of your life. If you don’t like your story, change it.
11. I don’t know how my story will end, but nowhere in my text will it ever read, “I gave up.”
12. Life isn’t about finding yourself. It’s about creating yourself.
George Bernard Shaw
13. Make your vision so clear that your fears are irrelevant.
14. When writing the story of your life don’t let anyone else hold the pen.
15. May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears.
16. Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps. We must step up the stairs.
17. Life is a story. What does yours say?
18. Who is the author of your life?
19. You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
20. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
21. Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start
22. It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.
23. Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.
George A. Sheehan
24. Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react.
25. There is an expiry date on blaming your parents for steering you in the wrong direction; the moment you are old enough to take the wheel, responsibility lies with you.
J. K. Rowling
26. Most people do not want freedom because freedom involves responsibility and most people are frightened of responsibility.
27. Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
28. Success doesn’t come to you; you go to it.
T. Scott McLeod
29. Don’t set sail using someone else’s star.
30. You are the author of your story. If you are stuck on the same page, remember that at any moment you have the power to write a new chapter.
31. You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
32. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
Ralph Waldo Emerson