1. I’ve realized that you become a bully if you are just watching someone get bullied and you don’t say anything. Speak up!
2. Cyber-bullying is poised to turn into the biggest online concern, already affecting 35% of all children.
– Dr. Martyn Wild
3. Strong people don’t put others down. They lift them up.
– Michael P. Watson
4. Why do we as girls bring down other girls, when we know how hard life can be for girls.
5. When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sand paper. They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless.
– Chris Colfer
6. I allowed myself to be bullied because I was scared and didn’t know how to defend myself. I was bullied until I prevented a new student from being bullied. By standing up for him, I learned to stand up for myself.
– Jackie Chan
7. My self-worth is not linked to your cruel words and action. My self-esteem is not affected by your deliberate attempts to destroy my character. You have no power over me. You will not silence me.
8. You never reach higher ground if you are always pushing others down.
– Jeffrey Benjamin
9. If you’re insulting people on the internet, you must be ugly on the inside.
– Phil Lester
10. Strong people stand up for themselves, but the strongest stand up for others.
11. Bullies cause depression, depression causes suicide. Are you a murderer?
12. 85% of bullying takes place in front of others. Don’t be a bystander.
13. Bullies do what they do for self-protection. This is often because humiliation, intimidation and isolation are the only way they know to cope with their lack of self-worth.
– Susan Abrams Milligan
14. I don’t care how attractive you think you look. If you have an ugly heart, you’re ugly.
15. Stand Up to Bullying Pledge
Today I have an obligation.
No longer will I be silent if you need help.
Silence is participation.
I refuse to participate in the problem.
We are all different, but we all deserve respect.
If you need help, come to me.
If I think you need help, I’m getting involved.
I Got Your Back
16. One of the most consistently found differences between traditional bullying and cyber bullying is that victims can be bullied anytime and from anywhere because most children have access to digital devices outside of school.
School administrators can’t say it’s up to the parents. Parents can’t say it’s up to the teachers. Teachers can’t say it’s not their job. And kids can’t say, “I was too afraid to tell.” Every single one of us has to play our role if we’re serious about putting an end to the madness. We are all responsible. We must be.”
– Megan Kelley Hall
17. You never look good trying to make someone else look bad.
18. Being a bully on the internet is a sign of insecurity and weakness.
– Rev Run
19. Bullying is not a reflection of the victim’s character, but rather a sign of the bully’s lack of character.
20. People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.
21. Bullying is a horrible thing. It sticks with you forever. It poisons you. But only if you let it.
22. Ignore the people who are always talking behind your back. That’s where they belong – behind you.
23. If they don’t like you for being yourself, be yourself even more.
– Taylor Swift
24. Bullying victims are 9 times more likely to commit suicide. A keyboard away doesn’t make it OK.
25. Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools and accepted by idiots.
26. Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.
27. Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.
– Will Smith
28. You can’t fix yourself by breaking someone else.
29. Educational psychologists describe a new kind of bullying. The perpetrators are attractive, athletic and academically accomplished – and comfortable enough around adults to know what they can and can’t get away with, in school and online. These bullies are so subtle and cunning it’s hard for school staff to know if what looks like bullying really is, and what to do about it.
– Rick Hampson, USA TODAY national reporter, 2010
30. Bullies are cruel and possibly irretrievable, but their anger and bullying behavior is often a displacement of their own lack of self-esteem and self-confidence. Mostly they are lost souls who do not know how to feel comfortable in the world. Their experience has been of failure, rejection, and lack of ability to function well.”
– Cleary, Sullovan, 2004.
31. Unless and until our society recognizes cyber bullying for what it is, the suffering of thousands of silent victims will continue.
– Anna Maria Chavez
32. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.
– Harvey Fierstein
33. Freedom of Speech doesn’t justify online bullying. Words have power, be careful how you use them.”
– Germany Kent
34. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
– Eleanor Roosevelt.