Endings – Letting Go
1. Remember, you can’t reach what’s in front of you until you let go of what’s behind you.
2. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
– C.S. Lewis
3. When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.
– Alexander Graham Bell
4. There’s a trick to the ‘graceful exit.’ It begins with the vision to recognize when a job, a life stage, or a relationship is over — and let it go. It means leaving what’s over without denying its validity or its past importance to our lives. It involves a sense of future, a belief that every exit line is an entry, that we are moving up, rather than out.”
– Ellen Goodman
5. Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.
– Eckard Tolle
6. Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
– Raymond Lindquist
7. There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.
– Jessica Hatchigan
8. You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.
– William Faulkner
9. The last step of every journey is the first step of a new adventure.
10. When you’re at the end, look for a beginning.
– Debra Cotton
11. If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down.
– Amit Ray
12. Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.
– Daphne Rose Kingma
13. Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open.
– Ralph Marston
14. There’s a trick to the Graceful Exit. It begins with the vision to recognize when a job, a life stage, a relationship is over – and to let go. It means leaving what’s over without denying its value.
– Ellen Goodman
15. There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this.
– Terry Pratchett
16. Just remember, when you should grab something, grab it; when you should let go, let go.
17. Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.
– Mandy Hale
18. You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.
– Jan Glidewell
19. To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.
– Jack Cornfield
20. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
– Dalai Lama