1. Hardships often prepare ordinary people for extraordinary destiny
– C. S. Lewis
2. Failure is instructive. The person who really thinks learns as much from his failures as from his successes
– John Dewey
3. Remember that failure is an event, not a person.
4. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
– Winston Churchill
5. We may encounter many failures, but we must not be defeated.
– Maya Angelou
6. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
7. You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
– Johnny Cash
8. Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well have not lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.
– J.K. Rowling
9. Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.
– Nelson Mandela
10. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
– Michael Jordan
11. Failure is not the opposite of success. It is part of success.
12. Think of it this way: There are two kinds of failure. The first comes from never trying out your ideas because you are afraid, or because you are waiting for the perfect time. This kind of failure you can never learn from, and such timidity will destroy you.
13. The second kind comes from a bold and venturesome spirit. If you fail in this way, the hit that you take to your reputation is greatly outweighed by what you learn. Repeated failure will toughen your spirit and show you with absolute clarity how things must be done.”
– Robert Greene, Mastery
14. Failures to heroic minds are the stepping stones to success.
– Thomas Chandler Haliburton
15. The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become.
– Ashley Montagu
16. Those who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try nothing and succeed.
17. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call “failure” is not the falling down, but the staying down.
– Mary Pickford
18. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
– Thomas Alva Edison
19. Walt Disney – He was fired from a newspaper for having “no imagination” and having “no original ideas.”
The Beatles – rejected by Decca Recording Studios – “We don’t like their sound and they have no future in show business.”
Albert Einstein – was unable to speak until he was four years old and his teachers said he’d “never amount to much.”
20. Smooth seas do not make for skillful sailors.
– African Proverb
21. Failure is not fatal. Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.
– Denis Waitley
22. When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.
– Ellen DeGeneres
23. Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.
– Robert T. Kiyosaki
24. Failure defeats losers but it inspires winners.
25. Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.
– Jack Canfield
26. What if you fail? You will. Then you move on.