1. “I am.” Two of the most powerful word, for what you put after them shapes your reality.
2. I am not what has happened to me. I am what I choose to become.
– Carl Jung
3. Be careful how you are talking to yourself because you are listening.
4. What you tell yourself every day will either lift you up or tear you down.
5. If you’re always trying to be normal you’ll never know how amazing you can be.
– Maya Angelou
6. It’s like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.
– Patrick Rothfuss, The name of the Wind
7. “Badass” – the courage to be your most authentic self.
– Jessica Anderson
8. Your identity should be so secure that when someone walks away from you, they don’t take you with them.
9. There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout: “This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me…or leave me. Accept me…or walk away!
Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don’t fit your idea of who I should be and don’t try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision. When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad, you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.
– Stacy Charter
10. Digital identity is not an option. Managing your digital identity, however, is totally within your control.
11. Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask, act. Action will delineate and define you.
– Thomas Jefferson
12. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
– Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement speech 2005
13. One isn’t born one’s self. One is born with a mass of expectations, a mass of other people’s ideas — and you have to work through it all.
– V.S. Naipul
14. The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why.
– Mark Twain
15. One of the things my parents taught me, and I’ll always be grateful for the gift, is to not ever let anybody else define me.
– Wilma Mankiller, former Chief of the Cherokee Nation
16. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
– Oscar Wilde
17. The only man I know who behaves sensibly is my tailor; he takes my measurements anew each time he sees me. The rest go on with their old measurements and expect me to fit them.
– George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman
18. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. It is easier to live through someone else than to complete yourself. The freedom to lead and plan your own life is frightening if you have never faced it before. It is frightening when a woman finally realizes that there is no answer to the question ‘who am I’ except the voice inside herself.
– Betty Friedan
20. Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
– Oscar Wilde
21. When I discover who I am, I’ll be free.
– Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man]
22. Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage . . . to listen to his own goodness.
– Pablo Casals
23. Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
– Howard Thurman
24. Digital identity is not an option. Managing your digital identity, however, is within your control.
25. Be strong, but not rude.
Be kind, but not weak.
Be bold, but don’t bully.
Be humble, but not shy.
Be proud, but not arrogant.
– Jim Rohn
26. The kind of beauty I want most is the hard to get kind that comes from within – Strength, Courage, Dignity.
– Ruby Dee
27. Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.
28. What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say
– Ralph Waldo Emerson