1. They can’t help you if they don’t know you need it. Ask for help to fight another day.
2. H.O.P.E. – Hold On Pain Ends
3. The most beautiful people that we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle and have known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
– Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
4. If you’re looking for a sign not to kill yourself, this is it
5. No you aren’t alone. Yes, most of us feel this way at some point in our lives. No, you won’t always feel like this. Yes, the world is a better place with you in it.
6. You have the power to say, “This is not how my story ends.”
7. I am not a therapist, but I promise you this: I will listen and I will care.
8. You are on the floor crying and you have been on the floor crying for days. And that is you being brave. That is you getting through it as best you know how. No one else can decide what your “tough” looks like.
– Clementine von Radics
9. Some days, 24 hours is too much to stay put in, so I take the day hour by hour, moment by moment. I break the task, the challenge, the fear into small bite-size pieces. I can handle a piece of fear, depression, anger, pain, sadness, loneliness, illness. I actually put my hands up to my face, one next to each eye, like blinders on a horse.
– Regina Brett
10. “Rock bottom” became the foundation on which I rebuilt the rest of my life.
– J.K Rowling
11. To make a difference in someone’s life, you don’t have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful, or perfect. You just have to care enough to be there.
12. If you’re going through hell, keep going.
– Winston Churchill
13. Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn’t permanent.
– Jean Kerr
14. I hope you know you’re capable, brave and significant, even when it feels like you’re not.
15. Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, all the fears you have overcome.
16. She remembered who she was and the game changed.
– Lalah Deliah
17. Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger
18. You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
– Cayla Mills
19. Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. Strength comes from overcoming the things you thought you couldn’t.
20. When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: You haven’t.
– Thomas Edison
21. Hardship prepares ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.
– C.S. Lewis
22. The worst part about having mental health problems is that you’re seemingly required to have a breakdown in order for people to understand how hard you were trying to hold yourself together.