Quotes for Your Heroic Journey
- Quotes are little snippets of wisdom from across cultures and time.
- Look to see which quotes speak to you. Be curious and see what you find.
- These quotes aren’t directions – not “do this” instructions. They are for reflection and for you to adapt to your life if they make sense to you.
Note. I highlighted the quotes I liked the most at the beginning of each section, but you may have a different perspective.
Ways to Use the Quotes
As with almost everything on this site, the key is making it your own (being the author). The following suggestions are just that – suggestions. Choose whatever works for you or make up your own approach.
And – Keep it Simple. There is a worksheet in this section that you can use to capture your thoughts and quotes you particularly like – so they don’t get lost.
- Write down your own thoughts – your own quotes as they come to you.
- Identify your top 10 quotes.
- Collect all the quotes that you like as you come across them.
- Choose a couple of quotes each week on which to focus.
- Use the quotes as a basis for conversations with peers and trusted adults.
Other Notes on the Quotes
- I basically agree with almost all of these quotes, although some I could argue with.
- Some sexism is evident, given the historical and cultural origins of some of the quotes – they focus on man, men, he, him. Ignore it, as none of the quotes are exclusive to men.
- There is a little profanity is in a few quotes, but very little.
- Some quotes are attributed to multiple people. Many were just cited as “unknown” or “anonymous.”
Categories of Quotes
- Being the Author of Your Life
- Social Media
- Support Network