1. Call it a clan. Call it a network. Call it a tribe. Call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.
2. Networking is a verb. You build a network by actively networking.
3. Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
– Oprah Winfrey
4. Networking is simply the cultivating of mutually beneficial, give and take, win-win relationships. It works best, however, when emphasizing the ‘give’ part.
– Bob Burg
5. You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
– Dale Carnegie
6. Those that win in networking give first, give generously, and give often.
7. Poverty, I realized, wasn’t only a lack of financial resources; it was isolation from the kind of people that could help you make more of yourself.
– Keith Ferrazzi
8. I want to be around people that do things. I don’t want to be around people anymore that judge or talk about what people do. I want to be around people that dream and support and do things.
– Amy Poehler
9. No person, trying to take responsibility for her or his identity, should have to be so alone. There must be those among whom we can sit down and weep.
– Adrienne Rich