1. The great thing about social media was how it gave a voice to voiceless people.
– Jon Ronson
2. Twitter provides us with a wonderful platform to discuss/confront societal problems. We trend Justin Bieber instead.
– Lauren Leto
3. Social media has given us this idea that we should have a posse of friends when in reality, if we have one or two really good friends, we are lucky.
– Brene Brown
4. When choosing between two similar applicants, hiring managers are increasingly turning to social media outlets to supplement information they are unable to glean from applications or interviews.
– Amy Jo Martin
5. I finally realized it. People are prisoners of their phones. That’s why they are called cell phones
6. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas; what happens on Twitter stays on Google forever!
– Jure Klepic
7. For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction, plus a social media over-reaction.
8. No, thank you for letting me watch as you text. I would hate to bore you with my company.
9. Twitter is a place where one person can help another person anywhere in the world.
10. Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t want plastered on a billboard with your face on it.
– Erin Bury, Sprouter Community Manager
11. Social media is the ultimate equalizer. It gives a voice and a platform to anyone willing to engage.
– Amy Jo Martin
12. In case of fire, please leave the building before posting it on social media.
13. The best sign of a healthy relationship is no sign of it on Facebook.
14. They call it a ‘selfie’ because ‘narcissisitie’ is too hard to spell.
15. Personal branding is about managing your name — even if you don’t own a business — in a world of misinformation, disinformation, and semi-permanent Google records. Going on a date? Chances are that your “blind” date has Googled your name. Going to a job interview? Ditto.
– Tim Ferriss
16. Your personal brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room
– Chris Ducker
17. I log off because I’m bored. I log back in five minutes later because I’m bored.
18. On Twitter, we get excited if someone follows us. In real life, we get really scared and run away.
19. Twitter is a great place to tell the world what you’re thinking before you’ve had a chance to think about it.
– Chris Pirillo
20. You are what you tweet.
– Alex Tew
21. We all make mistakes. But social media can frame those mistakes and display them infinitely.
22. How to write a blog…stare at screen, get coffee, eat cupcake, stare at the screen, scroll FB, check Twitter, refill coffee…
– S. Kuhn
23. Facebook is not your friend. It is a surveillance engine.
– Richard Stallman, programmer, activist, Founder, GNU Project and the Free Software Foundation
24. When you’ve got 5 minutes to fill, Twitter is a great way to fill 35 minutes.
– Matt Cutts, software engineer and former head of Google’s web spam team
25. A fixation with connecting with ‘friends’ online comes with the risk of disconnection with friends waiting for you to be present in the offline world.
– Craig Hodges
26. We live in an age where there is a firehose of information , and there is no hierarchy of what is important and what is not
– David Carr
27. I’ve had to learn when not to tweet. Like, you learn how to keep your mouth shut? Learn to keep your tweet shut.
– Dan Stevens
28. If you’re on Twitter, what you’re saying is, ‘I’m important enough for you to care what I think’.
– Donald Glover
29. What you post online speaks VOLUME about who you really are. POST with intention. REPOST with caution.”
– Germany Kent
30. There will be more words written on Twitter in the next two years than contained in all books ever printed.
– Christian Rudder, Dataclysm: Who We Are